We love this smoothie cos is so DELICIOUS but also because it’s full nutrition; high in protein, essential fats and vitamins and minerals. I can’t wait for you to enjoy this smoothie too, I know you’ll love it as much as we do!
- 2 medium frozen bananas, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup rolled oats or buckwheat
- 1/4 cups roasted almond butter
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Splash vanilla extract
- 1 cup Coconut milk*, or enough to blend to desired consistency
- 1 Tbsp powdered reishi mushrooms**
- 1 Tbsp frozen raspberries, defrosted
- Using a small bowl soak your oats (or buckwheat) in water for 2+ hours
- In the morning, combine all of your smoothie ingredients in a high speed blender, blending on high for 1 minute or until your smoothie is completely smooth.
- You can have this smoothie on its own or serve it in a bowl with yoghurt, fresh fruit and granola. We served into into a jar, and swirled through the defrosted berries. The chocolate sauce on the outside of the glass in simply chocolate melted and mixed with coconut milk.
- Substitute with your preferred milk if you don’t have/like coconut milk
*You can easily omit these or substitute for powdered maca, chaga or your preferred adaptogenic mushrooms
Keywords: Smoothie, plant based, paleo, vegan, gluten free, grain free, nut butter