I was always a lover of fried donuts as a child, but these days I prefer a homemade, baked version (and I am happy to fed them to my girls!) and so does my belly. All the fun, with out feeling like a bag of rubbish after! Don’t get me wrong, when i come across the occasional vegan hot jam dot i am ALL IN, but for the rest of the days I take 5 of these, please.
1 1/2 cups (190g) plain flour.
1/2 tsp fine salt.
1 tsp baking powder.
1/2 cup almond milk.
2 tsp apple cider vinegar (ACV).
1 tsp vanilla extract.
1/2 tsp ground turmeric.
1/3 cup coconut sugar.
2 Tbsp olive oil.
3 Tbsp Aquafaba.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C, and set aside a donut pan.
2. Whisk auqafaba for a few minutes until light and fluffy, set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add ACV and milk. Set aside to thicken for a couple of minutes, then add remaining wet ingredients (vanilla, oil, sugar). Mix to combine.
4. Sift dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and turmeric) into the bowl and mix together. Finally, fold through Aquafaba, then spoon mixture into the donut holes (to 3/4 full). Smooth down with a wet finger.
5. Bake 9-12 mins, then allow to cool for 10 mins before inverting onto a wire rack to cool.To make the icing, blend; 1 cup macadamias, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1/3 cup blueberries, 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup and 2 Tbsp coconut oil. Blend until VERY smooth, then dip cold donuts in. Enjoy! Xx