These no bake fat bomb chocolate chip collagen cookies are a wonderful on-the-go nutritious snack, filled with whole food ingredients. Easily customisable, loaded with good fats and totally scrumptious.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats or 1 cup shredded coconut (70g; *see notes)
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts (75g)
- 1/4 cup (55g) raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup (75g) collagen
- 1/2 cup (140g) roast cashew butter (see notes for nut free option)
- 1/2 cup ghee (120g) (or coconut oil 110g)
- 1–2 Tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla- optional but yum
- Pinch salt
- 70g chocolate chips
- Optional add ins: bee pollen, nuts, maca, medicinal mushrooms…
- Add all ingredients (including any optional additions) except chocolate to a food processor and process until it’s smooth and uniform. The ghee or coconut oil should be in its solid state- in you live in a warmer climate then you will need to refrigerate the dough so that it can firm up before the next step.
- Chop up 50g of the chocolate, then fold through the dough. Use your hands to make cookies (you can choose the size), press in nuts into the top if you like. The mixture will be very soft- this is normal. Set in the freezer for 1 hour+.
- Remove cookies from the freezer, then immediately melt remaining chocolate and drizzle on cookies.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container (or the freezer). As the cookies have lots of unbaked fats in there they will need to be refrigerated to stay firm (unless the weather is cold).
- If doing the shredded coconut version I recommend turning this into a slice for ease, OR you can chill the dough for 4 hours before rolling into balls. You could also add in extra cacao powder to thicken the dough to make it firm enough to roll into balls.
- If making a nut free option you can swap for hulled tahini. Note that the dough won’t be as thick, and its easier to pour the batter into a small, lined tin and set into a slab. Once set, cut into bars.
Keywords: Collagen, no bake, choc chip cookies