Creamy roasted almond butter made with just 2 ingredients.
- 3 cups almonds*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Add almond to a baking tray and spread evenly. Roast for 10 mins, tossing at the 5 minute mark.
- Allow almonds to cool for 5 minutes.
- transfer almonds to a high-speed food processor along with the salt. Blend for 10 minutes, or more if your machine is less powerful. You will need to stop the machine and scrape down the sides a few times with a rubber spatular to ensure everything is blended into a smooth pastel, and you will need the FULL 10 minutes if you want to create a running, creamy roasted almond butter.
- transfer the almond butter to a 350ml clear, glass jar. Use your rubber spatula to scrape the food processor clean- this creamy roasted almond butter is liquid gold, so don’t waste any.
- To make the recommended version, read the blog post.
- For salt, we advise using a unprocessed salt. Sea or rock salt provides a mixture of micronutrients and is a health food when consumed in moderation.
Keywords: nut butter, activated, grain free, gluten free