Our creamy vegan potato salad makes for the perfect nutritious lunch or side salad. A much more wholesome salad compared to its mayonnaise and bacon filled original version, this salad is gluten free, grain free, optional oil free & utterly delicious.
For the salad-
- 1.2kg kipfler potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 red onion, thinly wedged
- 1/2 pomegranate, arils only*
- 1/2 cup pecans, activated or dry roasted
- 2 handfuls roquette (arugula)**
For the dressing
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil***
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Half, quartered potatoes so they are in equal sized pieces. Fill a large pot with water, add potatoes and salt. Bring to there boil and cook for 15 minutes, or until tender when checked with a skewer.
- Make your dressing. Combine all of your dressing ingredients in a jug and blend with a stick blender, or a whisk if you don’t have one.
- If dry roasting your pecans simply add the pecans to a pan and toss over a medium heat until browned and fragrant.
- Mix your salad together in a large bowl and enjoy!
*If you can’t source pomegranates you could sub for red grapes, halved, dried cranberries or blueberries.
**Roquette is best/preferred for the recipe, I just didn’t have any when I photographed the salad. Spinach will work fine too.
***For an oil free recipe simply omit the olive oil.