These easy creamy chocolate popsicles are THE best homemade creams ever AND they only need 3 ingredients. The are rich, creamy, fudgy, chocolatey and just as good as store bought (think paddle pop).
1 x 400ml can coconut whipped cream (see notes)
215g (2/3 cup) coconut condensed milk (see notes)
55g (1/2 cup) good quality cacao powder
optional- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional chocolate coating
100g dark chocolate of choice
1 tsp coconut oil or peanut butter
- This recipe makes 8x standard popsicles. You can use any shape (silicone moulds work well too), or paper dixie cups with a popsicle stick inserted too.
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan. Place over a low heat and gently heat, stirring frequently, only until the mixture has become uniform and a pourable consistency- you do NOT need to bring this to the boil.
- Pour the mixture into your ice creams moulds and insert popsicle sticks.
- Place in the freezer for 3+ hours.
- To remove popsicles from metal/plastic moulds fill a large heatproof cup/jug with very hot water. Ensure no little people can reach it unattended. Dip each mould into the hot eater for 3 seconds. Remove from the water then pull on the stick to release. Note: silicone moulds do not need this method for removal. Simply pop out your popsicle!
- Allow popsicle to sit at room temp for a few minutes to soften- longer in cold weather. Enjoy!
To make optional chocolate coating.
- Follow instructions above, then at step 5 line a small baking tray with baking paper. Remove all popsicles as described, setting down on the lined tray. Transfer to the freezer for 1 hour.
- Just before the popsicles are ready to be removed from the freezer break chocolate into small pieces and into a heatproof bowl with the oil. Heat 2cm water in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil then sit the bowl onto the rim of the saucepan (double boiler method: the bowl should NOT be touching the water). Melt slowly until completely liquid.
- Remove popsicles from the freezer then dip each one into the chocolate, setting back onto the lined tray. Sprinkle with chopped nuts if you desire (or sea salt).
- Once all popsicles have been dipped transfer into the freezer for 5 minutes or until chocolate is set. Then, pack popsicles into an airtight container or ziplock bag (suck as much air out as you can before sealing the bag) and store until ready to be enjoyed.
- I have not tested this but the recipe will also work with canned coconut cream, cows cream or full fat yoghurt in substitution of coconut whipping cream
- You may substitute coconut condensed milk for oat condensed milk or cows (dairy) condensed milk if not making these ice creams vegan.
Keywords: 3 ingredient ice creams, vegan, chocolate popsicles