A whole food recipe that uses only 5 ingredients, these pecan chocolate brownie bites are no bake, gluten and grain free and easily made vegan.
- The recipe is so easy- you just need a food processor to make the filling. Add pecans and cacao, and blitz until you have fine crumbs. Some small chunks are ok!
- Now, add the dates and ghee. Blend again in your food processor for around 1 minutes. I like to check my mixture here- it should easily roll into a ball without falling apart, but should not be so sticky it sticks to your hand. If its too dry add extra ghee, if it is too wet add extra pecans. If you have a blender you can use this, but it will need you to use the tamper to get everything moving, or stop and scrap the sides regularly.
- Shape your mix into little patties or balls then place onto a tray lined with baking paper. You could also press into a lined tin and make this into a slice if you prefer. Now set in the freezer for an hour.
- Now we melt our chocolate. I use a double boiler method. Chop chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl. Add 2cm water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Sit the bowl of chocolate on the rim of the saucepan- the bowl should not be touching the water. Reduce heat to low and gently let, stirring occasionally, until liquid. You can also use a microwave to melt chocolate. Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 15 second increments, stirring between, until melted.
- Remove pecan filling from freezer and immediately dip each bite into the melted chocolate. This is easiest done using a fork. Allow excess chocolate to drip off before placing the chocolate covered bite on your lined tray.
- Optional; top with an extra pecan and some flakey salt.
Keywords: Brownie bites, no bake, pecans