This easy and delicious raw blueberry swirl cheesecake is the perfect make-ahead healthy dessert. Not too sweet, tart and a delightful mix of textures it is naturally vegan and free from dairy, eggs, gluten and refined sugars.
- 135g (1 ½ cups) roasted macadamia nuts
- 35g (½ cup) shredded coconut
- 21g (3 Tbsp) coconut flour
- 6+ soft (eg Medjool) dates. Pitted
- 1 tsp lemon zest, optional
- 280g (2 cups) raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours in water
- 62g (¼ cup) fresh lemon juice
- 75g (¼ cup) pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Pinch salt
- 62g (¼ cup) almond milk
- 55g (¼ cup, melted measurement) cacao butter, finely chopped (see notes)
- 70g (1/2 cup) blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Prepare a tray for use. Ideally use a 25cm square tin with a removable base, then grease and line. Any shape or size similar will work just fine.
- Add macadamia, coconut, coconut flour and zest to a food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes or until very finely chopped. Add dates and pulse to combine well, about 12-15 times. Check that the mixture has enough moisture- take a small piece and roll into a ball. It should not be crumbly. Add 1-2 more dates if needed. Transfer to your lined tray. Spread to create an even base layer, and use a spoon to press down firmly. Set aside.
- Make the blueberry compote. Add blueberries, water and chia seeds to a small saucepan and heat over low-medium heat for 5-10 mins, stirring regularly. Once berries are completely soft and the liquid has thickened a little you can turn off the heat. Set aside to cool.
- Make the cashew filling. Add cacao butter to a heat proof bowl. Heat 2cm water in a small saucepan. Once the water boils reduce heat to a simmer. Place heatproof bowl onto the rim of the saucepan and gently melt. Once cacao butter is completely liquid, turn off heat and remove bowl from the saucepan to cool slightly.
- Place cashews, lemon juice, maple, zest, salt and milk into a blender. Blend until very smooth- this takes 30 seconds in a high speed blender, but longer in lower powered blenders. Once smooth, and with the blender still running, stream in melted (and cooled ) cacao butter. Blend on high for 1 minute then pour over the macadamia base. Bang out air bubbles and set aside.
- Use a stick blender to blend the cooled blueberry mixture (this is optional). Spoon the blueberry compote into the cashews, adding random blobs all over the surface. Very gently swirl together, remembering more is less for this. Transfer to the freezer. Freeze for 4+ hours, then remove cake from the freezer and tin. Using a hot, sharp knife cut into desired serving sizes, then store in an airtight container in the fridge (up to 5 days) or freezer (up to 3 months).
- To exchange cacao butter for coconut oil increase to 75g coconut oil and follow instructions as written.
Keywords: No bake, vegan, cheesecake