These spiced apple bliss balls are little energy bits that are light, fruity, warming and delicious and are vegan, gluten free and made with whole foods.
- 140g (1 cup) pecans
- 140g (1 cup) sunflower or hemp seeds
- Pinch salt
- 70g (1 cup) shredded coconut
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 120g (1 cup) grated apple
- 240g (approx 12) pitted, fresh dates
- Add all ingredients besides the apples and dates to a food processor. Blend for 30 seconds or until everything is well chopped. Small chunks are fine.
- Add apples and dates (ensure they’re pitted). Pulse around 6 times, or until just well combined. Do not over blend, or the balls will become too wet, just make sure the dough is moist and everything is chopped and sticking together.
- Roll into balls around 1 + 1/2 Tbsp each in size.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: Apple pie, bliss balls, gluten and dairy free