These tahini hot chocolate gummies are like a snack version of my most favourite tahini hot chocolate (or hot cacao). Filled with gut healing, bone strengthening ingredients and made in under 10 minutes they are the perfect quick, easy and healthy snack recipe.
1 1/2 cups coconut milk or milk of choice (boxed or canned will work, see notes)
2 Tbsp grass-fed gelatin
1/4 cup raw cacao powder OR hot chocolate mix of choice
1 Tbsp carob powder (optional)
1–2 tsp pure maple syrup or honey
1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
1 Tbsp hulled tahini
Optional extras; you might like to add up to 2 tsp of any powdered herbs you enjoy. Maca, lions mane, collagen, cordyceps would be my go-to choices.
- Add milk to a small saucepan and sprinkle with the gelatin powder. Allow to stand for 5 minutes, giving time for etc gelatin to bloom and soak us the liquid. This is an important step to prevent clumps.
- Add the remaining ingredients and transfer to the stove top over low-medium heat. Use a whisk to stir throughout, heating to a gentle simmer or until the gelatin has completely dissolved. Once you reach a rolling boil or gentle simmer you will notice the mixture begins to really thicken- this means the gelatin has completely dissolved and you can turn off the heat.
- Pour mixture into silicone moulds of choice. Note; it is best to lay a silicone tray on top of a baking tray before pouring the liquid in, for easy transfer to the fridge. Alternatively, line a glass container with brown baking paper and pour the mixture into this.
- Set in the fridge for 4+ hours, or until firm. Transfer to an airtight container in th e fridge (up to 5 days) or freezer (up to 3 months).
Note; while you can freeze these gummies they are better stored in fridge. Gummies will melt at room temperature, especially on warm days so they are no lunchbox friendly.
- You can use boxed or canned coconut for this recipe, but note that canned coconut milk will create a firmer gummy. You can also use cows milk or any plant based milk or, if preferred, water.
Keywords: Gut healing, gummies, hot chocolate, ceremonial cacao, tahini