This festive Triple chocolate brownie trifle is not like a traditional trifle, but rather a delicious, rich and fudgy modern trifle with 3 delicious elements; fudgy chocolate brownie, creamy cheesecake mousse and whipped cream.
This Triple chocolate brownie trifle is trifle but elevated- its like adult trifle with 3 decadent, rich and very festive layers.
Fudgy vegan brownie
You can find my fail-proof, fudgy vegan brownie recipe HERE. It’s all the things a brownie should be and, yes, it’s ‘better than boxed brownies’.
Chocolate cheesecake mousse
Easy 7 ingredient fluffy chocolate cheesecake filling. You will need
- Dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- Cream cheese of choice- a vegan version or traditional cream cheese
- Milk of choice- milk helps to thin out the consistency so its not too thick
- Fresh lemon juice– adds tang and balance
- Dutch pressed cocoa. You can use cacao, but since we are using cocoa for our fudgy vegan brownies we are sticking with the same ingredient for the cheesecake mousse
- Espresso powder or instant coffee. An optional ingredient but coffee enhances that chocolate flavour so we love it.
- Pure maple syrup or stick sweetener of choice
- Whipping cream. We use this coconut whipping cream, but you can use whatever you prefer.
- Berries, cherries or preferred seasonal fruit
- A stand mixer to make all three elements.
- Baking tin and oven
- Glass jars, cups or a large trifle dish
Note; We have partnered with KitchenAid to bring you this triple chocolate brownie trifle, the recipe made possible using their beautiful Limited Edition Light and Shadow mixer. We adore KitchenAid for their quality, one-of-a-kind products that are matched equally in their beautiful design and incredible functions.
We love the timeless beauty of the KitchenAid Light + Shadow stand mixer, a piece that adds beauty to any kitchen bench and can be used over decades of baking. If you’d like to grab yourself one of these Limited Edition mixers head over to their website.
While this post is sponsored all opinions are 100% our own.
Looking for more vegan Christmas recipes? You might to try;
- Free from linzer cookies
- Vegan pavlova recipe with mango and passionfruit
- Easy vegan chocolate fudge with rose and pistachio
- Chai spiced roast almond butter
- Healthy grain free granola
This festive triple chocolate trifle is not a traditional trifle, but rather a rich and decadent dessert made up from fudgy vegan brownies, chocolate cheesecake, berries and whipped cream.
1 batch fudgy vegan brownies
1 batch chocolate cheesecake mousse (see recipe card below)
1 can coconut whipping cream
Fresh raspberries and cherries, to serve
- If you have not already, make your brownies and leave to cool and set overnight. Place can of coconut whipping cream in the fridge overnight.
- Set aside 4 glass jars or serving cups/glasses.
- Prepare the chocolate cheesecake mousse (recipe card below).
- Once chocolate cheesecake has been made immediately transfer into a pipping bag and pipe evenly between the 4 jars. A pipping bag makes this process less messy but you can use a spoon and carefully dollop the mixture into the base. Set aside.
- Remove can of whipping cream from the fridge and transfer into your stand mixer with the whisk attachment inserted. Whip for 1-2 minutes or until it looks like whipped cream. Set aside while you cut up your brownie into small cubes (there will be some left overs).
- Assemble. Add a thin layer of whipped cream on top of the cheesecake mixture, followed by a layer of berries/cherries. Next, add a thick layer of brownie pieces, add next layer of berries and finally a heaping dollop of whipped cream. To finish shave chocolate on top.
- Trifles are best served a few hours after assembling. Store out of the fridge (unless the weather is very hot). If you need to store in the fridge remove to allow to come to room temperature before enjoying.
This 7 ingredient cheesecake mousse is the perfect addition to trifle or served into a bowl with whipped cream and caramel. It can be used as a no-bake chocolate cheesecake filling, and it is nut free, egg free and dairy free.
100g 70-90% dark chocolate, chopped
250g cream cheese of choice, vegan or cows
83ml (1/3 cup) boxed coconut milk, at room temperature
2 tsp fresh lemon juice, optional but recommended
27g (1/4 cup) cocoa or cacao powder
1 tsp espesso powder or instant coffee granules, optional but recommended (see notes)
2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Add the chocolate to a heatproof bowl. Put 2-4cm water into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Place the bowl to sit on the rim of the saucepan- it should not be touching the water but sitting on the top of the saucepan. Gently melt then turn off the heat and set aside.
- Once chocolate has been melted add the cream cheese to stand mixer bowl with the paddle attached. Beat the cream cheese for 1-2 minutes or until softened.
- Now add coconut milk, lemon juice, cocoa, espresso and maple syrup. Beat until well combined- around 2 minutes.
- Finally, pour in melted chocolate and turn on stand mixer to low speed. Beat until just combined, then immediately use a rubber spatula to scrape your chocolate cheesecake mousse mixture into a pipping bag or transfer directly into serving glasses.
You can omit the espresso if you wish. It does not add a coffee flavour but rather enhances etc flavour of the cocoa and dark chocolate.