This festive triple chocolate trifle is not a traditional trifle, but rather a rich and decadent dessert made up from fudgy vegan brownies, chocolate cheesecake, berries and whipped cream.
1 batch fudgy vegan brownies
1 batch chocolate cheesecake mousse (see recipe card below)
1 can coconut whipping cream
Fresh raspberries and cherries, to serve
- If you have not already, make your brownies and leave to cool and set overnight. Place can of coconut whipping cream in the fridge overnight.
- Set aside 4 glass jars or serving cups/glasses.
- Prepare the chocolate cheesecake mousse (recipe card below).
- Once chocolate cheesecake has been made immediately transfer into a pipping bag and pipe evenly between the 4 jars. A pipping bag makes this process less messy but you can use a spoon and carefully dollop the mixture into the base. Set aside.
- Remove can of whipping cream from the fridge and transfer into your stand mixer with the whisk attachment inserted. Whip for 1-2 minutes or until it looks like whipped cream. Set aside while you cut up your brownie into small cubes (there will be some left overs).
- Assemble. Add a thin layer of whipped cream on top of the cheesecake mixture, followed by a layer of berries/cherries. Next, add a thick layer of brownie pieces, add next layer of berries and finally a heaping dollop of whipped cream. To finish shave chocolate on top.
- Trifles are best served a few hours after assembling. Store out of the fridge (unless the weather is very hot). If you need to store in the fridge remove to allow to come to room temperature before enjoying.